Topic: [THAC XIII] My Masterpiece.

Directory Link

[THAC XIII] My Masterpiece.

Watch it here

A man goes on an adventure of a lifetime. A THAC XIII entry.

Well. Well. Well. This entry is the product of my staying up for 22 hours - far longer than I have in any THAC before. I'm not sure the quality really improved from last year...

It was really fun to make - but I also decided after having some problems with my other story ideas to just "wing it" (and I think that it shows). Not sure if that was the best idea - but, hey! I made my 3rd THAC entry and my 5th brick film in 22 hours and that feels good.

Please do comment and give me feedback as I value every member's critiques!

Thank you!

Last edited by PrestigePie (January 3, 2016 (09:09am))

π Cherry π Banana Cream π Pumpkin π Lemon-Lemon π Black Berry π Quiche π

Re: [THAC XIII] My Masterpiece.

I feel like this film is sort of in between a satire and a more abstract film, which kind of left me confused at first as to what was going on. This kind of thing was fairly ambitious for THAC, and I don't think I've seen anything quite like this, so good job with that. Glad you could enter! mini/bigsmile

@Mighty

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you liked it.

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

I feel like this film is sort of in between a satire and a more abstract film

I could not have more accurately described the struggle I had while making this film. Very spot on analysis mini/smile

Gotta love that portal. I liked the abstract and self-referential nature, and the music fit well.

Just beautiful. mini/love

PunBB bbcode test

Yes, this was excellent, this is wonderful!

P.S., Am I the only one commenting on this thread that isn't Taylor Swift ? mini/lol

Last edited by William Osborne (January 4, 2016 (08:45am))

Thank you all so much for your feedback!

sillypenta wrote:

Gotta love that portal. I liked the abstract and self-referential nature, and the music fit well.

Fun fact (or just a fact): As I filmed that shot I realized I'd forgotten the mod element so I moved the camera downwards and but the room was too dark to see a black and yellow brick. But then I realized that my keyboard has the letter "P" mini/tongue

Thank you - I'm glad that you liked the abstractness - at 3 AM I'm not exactly in the best place to be thinking critically of my film mini/smile

mrlego611 wrote:

Just beautiful. mini/love

Thank you so much... mrlego611 mini/tongue

William Osborne wrote:

Yes, this was excellent, this is wonderful!

Thank you.

William Osborne wrote:

P.S., Am I the only one commenting on this thread that isn't Taylor Swift ?  mini/lol

I don't see anything - just some blank space where our avatars should be mini/wink

Last edited by PrestigePie (January 4, 2016 (02:48pm))

Haha, this is great. I echo what everyone else says. My favorite line has to be when you said "In complete assembly", that was perfect. The lighting was also great, I look forward to seeing more from you!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I love this entry, reminds me of a Don Hertzfeldt film. The music fit the film nicely. A simple and yet unique film.